From: Thulasi Ram <karoke...@gmail.com>
Subject: [arr] Fitting response to IBN live dud article
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 2:01 PM

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/130209/swagatham-fiasco-rahmans-top-10-duds.html?from=search
THEY ADDED A VIDEO BUT I THINK IT IS NOW REPLACED WITH JUST THE CWG VIDEO.

from Madanraj Vasanth at
12:45, Sep 04, 2010

This should be top most article of Top ten IBN duds.
Honestly i am not a Rahman song but rather calls myself fan of good music. But
this article did enough mudslinging against Rahman who is today incomparable to
any music directors to take the Indian music to world stage. People who haven't
achieved anything in their life are taking this as a opportunity to belittle
him.

from savvygupta at 11:48, Sep 04,
2010

utter non sense,seems the writer doesnt have a clue or any sort of
information what so ever.i request a concern like ibn live not to write such
baseless articles which hurts us,we love these songs and now it seems we are
fools.Thank you

from sivaprasad1986 at 11:38,
Sep 04, 2010

WTH u r saying?? Have u lost ur mind??Kadhal Desam,Jeans
& Lovebirds are super hits in south??VTV,Parasuram &Yodha are also
hits...I'm asking one question to u.Have u listened to these albums??

from radhiram at 11:20, Sep
04, 2010

it is a fact that rahman has been on the downhill for sometime
now and has not come up with anything great or worthy of his name. i feel he
composes more from his head than his heart and his music is more wizardy than
soul. jeans, lovebirds,kadhal desam, vtv had one or two hummbale numbers each
and thats all. probably he is confused asto whether he has to compose pure and
simple music or go high funda to live upto his name. the result is that the
confusion reflects inhis music.

from dummrocks at 11:14, Sep 04,
2010

What a joke! This is the duddest article ever. Which world is the
author of the article living in? Do you have any idea of the number of copies
sold of vinnathaandi varuvaya or kaadhal desam or jeans or love birds or do you
have any idea of the music in those albums. I doubt if the author of this
article has ever listened to any of these albums. Atleast, before publishing
some non-sensical article like this, the author should try to justify by
providing numbers. I request IBNlive to take responsibility and share the work
with someone knowledgeable enough. This is one silly article.

more »

from Ramkumar
Soundararajan at 11:12 AM, Sep 04, 2010

This article is a total
crap

from rafnas at 11:08 AM, Sep
04, 2010

None has born yet to review @arrahman 's tracks..!! So just keep
ur mouths shut and enjoy his compositions..!! The above mentioned list is plain
rubbish..!! Only the movies wen unnoticed, not the music. And to remind you,
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa is classic..!!

from Rishi
Renjith at 10:59 AM, Sep 04, 2010

I must tell that whoever wrote
this article must be real nuts!!! What a list of top 10 duds he's come up
with!!! Hilarious

from maverickmotto at 10:44
AM, Sep 04, 2010

I am a journalist myself and it is sheer unfortunate to
see someone write an article without doing any homework. To whoever has written
this article, most albums that you have mentioned in the article have been
blockbuster hists and is still reverred throughout. VTV has been the most
refreshing album released last year and the songs of which have been
appreciated
by non-tam speaing population as well. So listen and then write your article.
Why is everybody busy comparing the Swagatham song to Waka Waka or to his best
'Vande Mataram'. If the song had sounded any similar, all would have called him
copy cat and now when he is done something different, you do not want to
appreciate it.

from ravishankar87 at 03:56
PM, Sep 03, 2010

I normally dont comment on any article. This is the
first time I am commenting because I have been compelled to do so. Whomever
wrote that article, was he checking with Hindi versions of those albums only or
does he have any concrete reasons/statistics to support that stand. VTV, Jeans,
Kadhal Desam and Love Birds are all huge hits. Maybe 1 or 2 songs in them might
not do well. Infact VTV is ARR's best album of the year. Jeans was a superhit
because of the music and songs. God please save us from these baseless
articles.
If you want, specify the tracks and not the full album. Then we will see
whether
it was hit or not. Remember ARR has huge hits in Tamil and some of his best
numbers are in Tamil before coming to Hindi. Let me ask you, do you remember
the
songs in BABA but not Jeans???

more »

from sekkizhar at 03:55 PM, Sep
03, 2010

You have got to be kidding me..!

from vikramsingal at 03:50 PM, Sep
03, 2010

The music's not peppy enough, lyrics are too shallow and ARR
should have definitely not sung it. The song is meant to cover a sporting event
but sounds more like amateur lounge music. And how often do people remember
songs in foreign languages. I believe that the lyrics should have had a
reasonable amount of English lines so at least our international guests could
sing along with it. All in all, a disaster worth 5 Cr. But one never knows, if
"Jai Ho" won ARR an Oscar, "Swagatham" may not go down that badly.

from udaysalapala at 03:21 PM,
Sep 03, 2010

This list is full of wrong info ...music of
'Jeans','Mr.Romeo' and 'Kadhal Desam' are much hit in south..

from Anilkumar Shankar at 12:45
PM, Sep 03, 2010

This is utter non sense... VTV was one of Rahman's
best...also don't forget he received national award for Jeans....

from smabbas_u at 12:41 PM, Sep
03, 2010

Well ..i think 'Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya','Jeans','Mr.Romeo' and
'Kadhal Desam' doesnt belong to this list.. Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya is one big
hit here in the south.. Just mention the word 'Hosannah' to anyone here..and u
could see the magic in their eyes..Its gonna win many awards here.. 'Jeans' is
big musical hit and a blockbuster movie just for the music of Rahman. 'Kadhal
Desam' was another big hit and that was the one which impressed Sony Music and
booked Rahman for Vande Mataram..the first Asian to be booked by Sony Music Co.
So please do a complete research before publishing facts..

more »

from jay_69 at 12:18 PM, Sep 03,
2010

Our people over-hype everything and the same is with A.R.Rahman,he
should have kept to his basics than trying to do something out of the world.