Title: RE: BMC Customer Service Stinks
**

 I too like Will summed up only have good experience with Remedy Support ( we're using the UK one ), also and especially recently with v6.x ( increased support traffic here ).

Sure there are good and bad times, cases which went smooth while others needes a little more attention or patience, but I think that is just normal over the years.

However... having worked on "the other end" too" ( customer support for an online game called Ultima Online ), I think my expectations are shaped in terms of knowing what the frontline can do and what not, how process works to some degree and treating each other nicely and with respect and such.

In case I would be getting a response aka "You know how techies are", I suppose perhaps I would respond [or think] like "HELL YEAH SURE I KNOW" :-) .. and "please log it as bug or escalate it or something anyway. kthxbye". For sure I would not think that support "stinks" as of that, for at least what was an honest answer. No big deal, right ? ...of course I know what resolution rate and time is likely too when logging an issue, if it is not being a showstopper bug or no big $$$ deal depending on it ( we all know, like next year or something if at all :-) ... but this is another topic I think ).

Well, like Will said. When saying "Support" it should really be looked as as unity of first level, second level, escalation process, web page tracking, patch and problem management, dev community, even sales department and education ... plain and simply "everything", how it all comes and works together.

If the real problem is the communication frontline <> 2nd level, then there really might be an issue if that is being the case. I of course do not know how Remedy handles this inside the company, nor do I know how Remedy should handle that, but when working in that field what I judged as being very useful was having a special role for that in place ( some peep who governs / controls / keeps up / maintains ) the communication process between those tiers.

Of course... we are all paying lots ( some more, some less :-) for support and can demand ongoing improvements and have a right to voice what is wrong. I however do not have the _expression_ of a "stinking" support. This though is of course only limited to my experience, others may of course be different ( and hey, have not smelt anything through the phone line yet so far ... nice feature *g* ...j/k sorry :-)

Greetings from Germany, Robert