HELP!!  This may seem trivial, but I have several users that are getting this
error and I'm at a loss . . .

I have multiple users that are getting the following error when trying to open
records from the Alert List:
"Cannot find the CLSID for AR System User's COM object. Return error code is
0x800401f3. Make sure that the correct version of AR System User has been
installed."

The Alert tool works fine (giving appropriate alerts, displaying alert list,
etc.).  It's just when they attempt to go to the record from the alert list.

Now, I've seen the thread regarding 'laziness', so here's what I HAVE tried:
1)  I've tried KB 11455, but it didn't work.
2)  Tried uninstalling, manually deleting all 'left-overs' and reinstalling.

There aren't any specific differences between these users (i.e. they're not
even on the same support teams, different software, etc.).

Server Environment:
HPUX 11i
Oracle 8.1.7
ARS 5.0.1 (yes, we are unsupported, but have started our upgrade to 6.3 project)

Client Environment:
NT 5.0 bld 2195 SP4
Remedy Client 5.1.2 patch 1238
Remedy Alert 5.1.2

If anyone has had this and have additional ideas . . . my user base is in AUS
and I'm in the US, so I can't phycially touch their PCs, but I did remote in
and everything looks fine.

Thanks!!!

Jamie Blodgett
Rinker Materials Corp.
Remedy Application Support
Office: 561-803-6125
Cell: 772-708-4821

CONFIDENTIALITY:  The information contained in this transmission may contain
privileged and confidential information.   It is intended only for the use of
the person(s) named above.   If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of
this communication, and the information contained in it, is strictly
prohibited.   If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
and immediately destroy all copies of the original message.