-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Blodgett, Jamie
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:49 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Alert Tool errors

HELP!!  This may seem trivial, but I have several users that are getting
this error and I'm at a loss . . .

I have multiple users that are getting the following error when trying
to open records from the Alert List:
"Cannot find the CLSID for AR System User's COM object. Return error
code is 0x800401f3. Make sure that the correct version of AR System User
has been installed."

The Alert tool works fine (giving appropriate alerts, displaying alert
list, etc.).  It's just when they attempt to go to the record from the
alert list.

Now, I've seen the thread regarding 'laziness', so here's what I HAVE
tried:
1)  I've tried KB 11455, but it didn't work.
2)  Tried uninstalling, manually deleting all 'left-overs' and
reinstalling.

There aren't any specific differences between these users (i.e. they're
not even on the same support teams, different software, etc.).

Server Environment:
HPUX 11i
Oracle 8.1.7
ARS 5.0.1 (yes, we are unsupported, but have started our upgrade to 6.3
project)

Client Environment:
NT 5.0 bld 2195 SP4
Remedy Client 5.1.2 patch 1238
Remedy Alert 5.1.2

If anyone has had this and have additional ideas . . . my user base is
in AUS and I'm in the US, so I can't phycially touch their PCs, but I
did remote in and everything looks fine.

Thanks!!!

Jamie Blodgett
Rinker Materials Corp.
Remedy Application Support
Office: 561-803-6125
Cell: 772-708-4821

CONFIDENTIALITY:  The information contained in this transmission may
contain privileged and confidential information.   It is intended only
for the use of the person(s) named above.   If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or duplication of this communication, and the information
contained in it, is strictly prohibited.   If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and immediately destroy all copies
of the original message.