From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: 5/10/2006 12:34 PM
Subject: Importing data into join forms in Asset Management module

Hello everyone,

We are trying to import data into the Asset module
AST:Computer system form.

This is a self-join of BMC:BMC_ComputerSystem on InstanceId.

BMC:BMC_ComputerSystem in turn is a join of
BMC:BMC_ComputerSystem_ and BMC:BMC_AssetBase, again based
on InstanceId.

The data imports and BMC:BMC_ComputerSystem_,
BMC:BMC_AssetBase, BMC:BMC_ComputerSystem each have
thousands of records.  Most importantly, they all have
matching InstanceId values.

But when we query the AST:Computer system form it has no
records.

BMC:BMC_ComputerSystem has thousands of records, with values
in InstanceId.  So how can you join it to itself based on
InstanceId and not get any records?

What are we missing?

ARS 6.3, HPUX 11 server, Oracle 9.2 db

Dwayne Martin