Question - It is my understanding that Join forms contain data that result
from a database search.  I do updates via joins, but have never tried to
import  new data directly into a join.  If, as in the original question the
join is the product of one form and an initial join of 2 other forms, does
the import attempt to create 3 new records (1 in each form) if all of the
required fields are present?

Ron Fariss

AIG Technologies
Remedy & TelAlert Administration
Work:  (713) 831-2365
Cell:     (281) 782-0979

                      "McKenzie, James J

                      C-E LCMC                  To:       arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

                      HQISEC/L3"                cc:

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:  Re: Importing data
into join forms in Asset Management module
                      S.ARMY.MIL>

                      Sent by: "Action

                      Request System

                      discussion

                      list(ARSList)"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      05/10/2006 09:48

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      arslist

**

Roger and all:

I forgot about that one.  Also, the item id (I forget which field this is
but it is the field directly above the data set id and is quite a few
characters in length) must be unique.  If there is not workflow to set
this, I would create such so that it functions on Merge and gives the asset
a different set of ids than that set by the 'other' workflow.

Also, I would like to state that I was very successful in RE-IMPORTING data
back into the AST:Computer System form, but if you are trying to import NEW
data, you have to use the BMC: forms (I don't know why, but this is the
only way that I was able to do so.)  I would set the dataset ID to
BMC.ASSET or your items will not appear.

James McKenzie
L-3 GSI