From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG ] On Behalf Of Campbell, Grant I
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:27 PM

To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Problems with ARS Client tools - RPC Connection Refused error

**
I am having a very strange problem with my Remedy Client tools on my workstation.  I have a rather significant number of servers I am normally able to connect to, but recently I cannot connect to any of them.   I am receiving the very familiar error message:

ARERR [90] Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System server : <my server name>(0) : RPC: Miscellaneous tli error - System error (Connection refused)

Normally this indicates a problem at the server end and I've seen it many times before, however, I am getting this for *every* server I try to connect to.   I know this is a specific problem with my workstation because I can connect to these servers from other workstations (through Terminal Server or VNC).  Others can connect to these servers.   I have exhausted a significant number of troubleshooting steps:  (uninstalling/reinstalling...using older and new versions of ARS...cleaning registry entries...even running in "Safe mode").  I'm at the place where I'm going to start uninstalling other software to see if that is the problem.

I was just wondering if anyone has see this as a "client" problem before.

Grant Campbell