-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stephen Earl
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 3:10 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Notify Filters and 'From' address

All,

I have some notify filters that appear to have 'changed' how they work
since we patched upto patch 017 on ARS 6.3

On my form I have a field called 'Group' and in my filter notify
action I have set the from address to be:

$Group$ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Normally this should result in the 'from' address looking like:

sa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

which is a valid 'from' setting, however for some settings of 'Group'
(namely: sa, ci or ei) instead of setting the 'From' field to: group
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> it just sets it to:

sa

Thus missing the actual email address. There are no error messages as
such apart from when the email engine actually tries to send the
message, then of course it errors as the 'from' is illegal.

Now this doesn't happen for all groups only a few and I can't see what
would cause it to be different... this worked fine upto patch 011, and
now is broken :( also seems broken in ARS 7.0 patch 001 too :(

Anyone got any ideas?

Stephen

AR Platform: ARS 6.3 patch 017
OS Platform: Solaris 9