Greetings All,
  For anybody currently running with ARS 7.0, or about to upgrade to ARS 7.0,
here's
a brief "heads up" regarding a change to the behaviour of the AR Server when
validating Required Fields for a form.

In Older versions of ARS, a Filter could legally set a required Field to NULL
as a
result of a Set Fields action reading from another form, defined to "Set fields
NULL" if there are no matching requests. A Filter with a higher execution order
could then set the Required Field to a specific value if desired...it was up to
the
developer to control this.

In Version 7.0 ARS, this has changed, though I don't think its been documented
in
the Release Notes:
You will now receive an immediate error the instant a Required Field is reset to
NULL by any means. This means that if you have code as in the example above,
your
second Filter doesn't get to fire to set the value to whatever you want it to
be if
the first filter didn't find a match, as the server has already thrown an error
and
stopped workflow processing.

This has been a "gotcha" for us whilst upgrading a legacy 5.1.2 system to 7.0

Just thought I would share this with the community as I've had lots of "fun"
with
this today.

Cheers
Chris.