Hi Carey,

I was talking about Patch 001 of ARS 7.0.00...sorry, should have stated that
more
clearly. I haven't had the chance to test this on an un-patched version of
7.0.00

I agree...this will be a problem, especially for customers with "home grown"
apps.
My use of the word "enhancement" was taken from the reply I received from Remedy
Support after raising this as what I perceive to be an issue.

The real problem here is not so much that the underlying behaviour of AR Server
has
changed. The issue is more that this hasn't been documented anywhere as far as
I can
see... we stumbled across this one by accident as this change has broken code
in one
of our legacy apps. If we had known this was coming, then we could budget for
more
time to make sure we re-code where necessary. I'm now very concerned about how
many
more undocumented "enhancements" BMC have included in this release that I might
not
find until Test Day...

One more "gotcha" that we've found earlier today is to do with Diary fields. In
ARS
7.0.00 Patch 001, you will receive an error if a Diary Field is set to NULL by a
Filter. In my ARS 6.3 Patch 013 environment, this is allowed and nothing is
appended
to the Diary Field.

There has been no enhancement to the options for qualification matching in Set
Fields in ARS 7.0.00 that I have noticed.

Chris.