Do you get the same error when using the Driver program?

--
Jarl

On 7/18/06, George Barsan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello list,

I lost a few hours troubleshooting a problem caused by the method
ARDeleteMenu which doesn't seem to work. Although the context is
correctly initialized and works fine for the Util.ARExport run which
is the first step, the ARDeleteMenu (step 2 in the programm) always
fails with the following error (independently if the menu exists or
not):

MessageType: 2
MessageNum: 90
MessageText: Cannot open catalog; Message number = 90
AppendedText: <arsserver> (0) : RPC: Program not registered
       at com.remedy.arsys.api.Proxy.ARDeleteMenu(Native Method)
       at com.upc.xmlgateway.ArsConnector.deleteMenus(ArsConnector.java:512)
       at com.upc.ar.Worker.handleMenue(Worker.java:70)
       at com.upc.ar.Worker.process(Worker.java:48)
       at com.upc.ar.ArHelper.process(ArHelper.java:37)
       at com.upc.ar.ArHelper.main(ArHelper.java:32)

Has anyone else experienced the same problem? I tested it with the
5.1.2 and 7.0 API & same versions of servers in all possible
combinations (running the Java programm on Windows and the servers on
Solaris).

Many thanks,

George