From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Den Fong
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 8:58 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ITSM 7 upgrade

**
Hi All

Has anyone gone through this yet?  We are looking at putting a plan together for this upgrade.

We are currently at ARS 6 and ITSM 5.6 (HD/CHG/AST).  I know the cmdb is very important to the whole suite and we will focus on that first and allotted the most time to it currently.  Then we want to move our other modules on, is it possible to do a module by module basis (AST then HD then CHG).  Or should a cut over be the best solution?

Our current plan is:
CMDB + integration w/Zen 2mths (without EIE)
Asset 6 weeks
ServiceDesk 6 weeks
CHG 6 weeks

This includes examining functionality differences, customization migrations, and understanding some of the changes in the modules.  Does this sound reasonable?  Our higher ups think it's a bit long for an upgrade.

Thx

Den Fong
Husky Energy Inc.
707-8th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta CANADA
T2P 3G7
Phone : 1-403-298-7244

The information in this e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, is intended for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you have received this transmission in error and any use, review, dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately of the erroneous transmission by reply e-mail, immediately delete this e-mail and all electronic copies of it from your system and destroy any hard copies of it that you may have made. Thank you. __20060125_______________________This posting was submitted with HTML in it___