**
Thanks, I'll give that a try

CliffA
-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Thad Esser
Sent: 26 July 2006 18:45
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ARS slow to start

**
SQL logging will be  your definitive source.  We had an issue with long startup times that the SQL logs revealed was caused by one of our view forms.  This view form pointed to a table on another database that had "suddenly" been decommissioned.  It didn't affect anything once ARS was up, but when starting, it was trying to access that external table and wouldn't move on until it received the timeout.

Thad
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

"Jarl Grøneng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

07/26/2006 10:34 AM

Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc
Subject
Re: ARS slow to start

Turn on sql logging and examine which sql statement that takes long time.

We had similar issue, and it was because Oracle wold not use index on
the arreferenece table. As soon as that was fixed the problem was
fixed.

--
Jarl