Tarun,

Did you test the Mid-tier after you tested the User tool? ( Maybe your
RDBMS cached some table in memory and made the second time the process
was run "faster" due to the in memory cache?)

Also... How much activity is there in "Active links" for this? (AKA:
are you looping over a table field?) If so then how the Mid-Tier deals
with processing active link workflow might have something to do with
that part being different. But I really think it is more likely to be
the other idea.)

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.
Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence.