From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Candace DeCou
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 4:17 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Running Remedy w/o Maintenance ?

**

Yeah, you can do it, but it's not pretty.  In general, you end up stuck right where you are at, so any further enhancements are limited to the technology at hand.  You don't have cool access to the KB, but you can still get help from this list.  I have actually worked places that had been out of contract for over 2 or 3 years.  If you don't mind staying in a rut forever and the powers in charge are that cheap, then they deserve what they get and what they can and can't do with it.  Even with help from this list, the fact is that most of us move on to newer technologies and some of us just frankly forget what Versions 1.x, 2.x, 3.x were like, so even that becomes limited moving forward.  It is possible, however and there are places that do it.

I don't want to work for any of them.

Candace