Well, let me wade through the effluence surrounding this job post:

1) It clearly raised some red flags for those who are familiar
   with the consulting field and how some places try to get around rules

2) Others wish to give the job poster the benefit of the doubt about
   long term intentions and take the position of let the
Consultant/almost-an-employee
   beware. You takes the job, you takes your chances, it is the capitalist
way

I guess there are a couple of ways of discerning the truth in this instance:

a) Wait for the person who posted the job to post some clarity,
like why a 6 month consulting job that sounds to be really
suited to a permanent position. Perhaps they aren't sure yet if they
are keeping Remedy past 6 months? And of course a posted rate is always an
incentive
for serious inquiries

b) Wait for the person who takes the job, as someone always does in the end,
   to report back to the list if it is as described, or not

This brings on the more general topic that arises from time to time of a
way to determine which contracting companies and contractors are worth
dealing
with.

On that note, I will ask that we do not generate a 7 day thread leading into
BMC UserWorld 2006 on this, rather, let's all gather over a beverage or two
and talk about an answer, and perhaps report back to those of us who
couldn't attend.

cheers ... Daniel
Host of the 11th ARSlist Awards Ceremony (12th year of the awards) at BMC
UserWorld 2006

p.s. for those of you that are only on the Google Group, please note that I
did not
create the google group nor will your posts there appear here so we can
avoid spam
from other sources, but please feel free to post to the "posting group"
which is really
the unrelated arslist@arslist.org, but of course you have to join us,
not the google google wiki wiki blog blog. go to arslist.org and subscribe