My goodness. There's some serious hostility out there, and if I had
known I was going to be fed to the wolves, I would have left well enough
alone. But for the record, since I consider this forum a valuable
resource and I feel like my reputation's on the line, let me try to
explain this further (and probably dig the hole deeper).

I am not a recruiter. I am on a Remedy development/support team that has
been given a large number of new projects and simultaneously lost half
its resources due to a couple of our team members moving on to other
opportunities. "Bad timing" is our motto of the month. Consequently, we
need help with our day to day activities of "keeping the lights on", so
we're looking for a contractor to help us with that and if they worked
out, a permanent position could be offered. Again, I'm not a recruiter
or even the hiring manager. I'm just the guy on the team who thought he
might check with the Remedy community to see if anyone would be
interested. For those of you who responded to me directly, you can
testify that all I'm doing is passing your resume on to the hiring
manager and attempting to answer what questions I can. On salary, I
don't know what we offer contractors. I can tell you we have hundreds of
them here and they get paid very well from what I've seen (80-100+/hr.
for the exact job I do), but that process is handled through the HR
department. On logistics, we are looking for someone to be onsite, and I
was told we aren't paying travel/lodging expenses for this particular
position. And yes, this is more suited to a permanent position (thus the
potential for it to be permanent), but we don't have the time to go the
permanent route. It's a much longer process here (silly, but that's big
companies for ya). This doesn't mean that we never pay for
travel/lodging. Quite the contrary, in fact. For projects, it's very
common. But this isn't a project, and I'm guessing the needs don't
justify it. I honestly figured that only the local people would respond
and being as we're in the neighborhood of a lot of Remedy partners,
including Remedy, I figured there would be some interest. Lastly, this
is a large company (20,000 employees and at least 1,000 contractors)
that I'm not allowed to post the name of because our security department
frowns on it, but with some sleuthing or in speaking to me directly, you
will see who that company is and that everything is on the up and up
here. Oh, and this isn't the only Remedy contracting position we're
currently looking for. We do need someone else to assist with some
project work, but I don't have the details on that one yet (and I'll
certainly think twice about posting it here, at least until the wounds
heal).

So for the record and in long winded conclusion: My team needed some
help. I thought I'd see if anyone was interested. That's it. All of you
Oliver Stone types are barking up the wrong conspiracy tree.

Also, I hope my tone in this response is not overly harsh. The positive
really not that upset about it, and am actually getting a chuckle out of
it (along with my co-workers). I just didn't think my posts warranted
the reaction, but I guess some folks have been burned out there. What's
really funny is we already contracted for this position once and that
person got sucked into a project, so here we are again.

In any event, I hope this settles everybody down and keeps my membership
active with the cool and popular RUGs. =)