It sounds as if you want to delete users that you just imported, which
sounds unusual (i.e. if you don't import them, you won't need to delete
them).  I'm assuming that I misunderstood.

'Not sure which release of ARS you're running or what your underlying
database and version are.

A Filter can be used to run a built-in process - APPLICATION-DELETE-ENTRY,
but that's the easy part.  Triggering it might be tricky.

If you have an external file of users you want to delete, you could use a
similar batch file to run arimportcmd, importing the .csv into a different
table/form.  The Filter could be enabled on that form with Execute On of
Submit (or Modify with other conditions if you want separate control over
execution).  You'd need a preceding action to do a Set Fields from User to
obtain the user's Request ID, which you'd use for APPLICATION-DELETE-ENTRY.
An Escalation could also be used instead of a Filter if you're looking for
something more "hands-free".

Again, though, I'd think hard about implementing code to automatically
delete users.  If they're being added when they shouldn't be, look further
upstream in your process.  If it's for normal userid management (too long
since last login, for example), you may want to consider some kind of user
contact before removing their userids - to make sure they're really not
needed.

Mike White
Office:  813-978-2192
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      "Chris Cook"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

                      RIVENT.COM>                 cc:

                      Sent by: "Action            Subject:  Re: delete user -
need help??????
                      Request System

                      discussion

                      list(ARSList)"

                      <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

                      08/23/2006 16:16

                      Please respond to

                      arslist

**
Hi Michael,

We have a similar import for user data here.
Are you looking to purge the users that are in the file or users that are
no longer in the file?

- Chris

 Michael LoSapio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Sent by: "Action Request System discussion
 list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>                                   To
                                                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                          ORG
 08/23/2006 02:47 PM                                                    cc

                                                                   Subject
                 Please respond to                        delete user -
                arslist@ARSLIST.ORG                       need help??????

I'll start off with a disclaimer that I am very new to the Remedy software
suite***

With that said,

We run a nightly import with arimportcmd (run from a .bat file) to import
data from a .csv file into a standard form (SHR:People)....
This loads users first names, last names and login names into the
form...then the users are able to login and report problems.

Is there an easy way to purge users completely from the system (as so if
they never existed in the system)...based off the exact same file (or one
very similar)?

TIA!