-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Kelley
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 8:31 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Setup Dev Server

Hi List:  First time emailer.  Long time reader.

I'm trying to setup our Dev Box(Windows 2003sp1) with AR 6.3.  Having
errors upgrading an existing DB.
We took a copy of production DB, and placed it on a different oracle
Server. Oracle 9.2.0.4.0   64bit.
My tnsnames is set correctly to Dev Server and connection to remedb
listener.
The name of the DB is the same for Production and Dev.  Which is OK.
They are on different servers.
When I'm setting up the Dev server running server.exe,  Its asks for SID
name and what type of install.  Upgrade, Overwrite or Shared.  I select
Upgrade because the DB out there is an exact copy of the Production
having all the Data - I want the data in tact just to install the
Server.

Here is the Error
15:40:39 An error was encountered during the upgrade of the AR System
database.
15:40:39 Installation terminating ... Original database server is intact
and accessible
15:40:39 Resolve the problem that causes the error (contact Technical
Support, if necessary) 15:40:40 ****->[ShowMsg]: Setup is rolling back
directories....
15:40:40 Setup is rolling back the directories.
15:40:41 ServiceName not found. Using Default: Remedy Action Request
System Server
15:40:41 ****->[ERROR]: AR System Database upgrade error. The original
database is intact and accessible.

Anyboby have something similar.  Or suggestion.

John Kelley
Help Desk Analyst
130 Royall Street
Canton, MA  02021