-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Reiser, John J
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 9:12 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Escalation reminder every X hours

Hello Listers,

Congrats to the ARSlist Award winners.

ARS 6.3
MS SQL Server 2000
Midtier 6.3
Homegrown Helpdesk forms

Just as a sanity check I thought I would ask if anyone has a good
process for "send out an email notification every X hours if the ticket
is still at a status of New"?

After the obvious failure of setting the escalation time to 2 Hrs (
Ticket entered 1 second after Esc doesn't go out in email for 3 hrs 59
minutes 59 seconds) I decided to put a field on the HD form that will be
populated with create time + 2 hrs.
The escalation will run every 5 or 10 minutes and check the escalation
time stored on create. It will increase the escalation time by 2 hours
if the status is still New.
The Run If will be 'ESC_Time' < $TIMESTAMP$ AND Status = "New"

The reason I am running this by the List is that I wanted to know if
there was a slicker way to do this.
Anyone? . . . Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks,
John J. Reiser
Software Development Analyst
Remedy Administrator/Developer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased
by me