** Dear Neil,
               Its actually quite simple...You run a AL guide on the selected rows. The AL in the guide should run the set field action to set the column values to the hidden fields. the only trick is that the AL guide should run on selected rows and the table should only allow single selection. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Roney Samuel Varghese