Melanie,

      It depends on how much you can afford and how well you need to be
protected.  For the price of a spare server, Remedy will provide HOTBACKUP
license keys (no charge) for your server and floating write licenses.  You
should be able to do a file system backup and restore to "prime" the spare
server, then RMAN backup/restore to move the tablespace (for DR or DR
testing).  This is what we implemented.  Time permitting, I'd like to look
into Oracle .dmp exports/imports instead of RMAN.

      For a few more dollars and some coding, you could invest in DSO which
would maintain a separate server - updates made to the primary and backup
servers.  The backup server would need to be fully licensed, but would be
available at all times - no/little recovery time.  You might even be able
to distribute your workload if necessary.

Mike White
Office:  813-978-2192
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      "Marino, Melanie

                      A"                       To:       arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      M>                       Subject:  Remedy Disaster
Recovery Solutions
                      Sent by: "Action

                      Request System

                      discussion

                      list(ARSList)"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      09/22/2006 11:47

                      Please respond to

                      arslist

**
Can anyone share with me what their company is using for Remedy Disaster
Recovery?  We are looking to replicate our Remedy production environment to
another site in real-time and switch back and forth between the servers as
needed.  We are trying to determine the best solution.  We are running on a
Solaris machine and an Oracle DB.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Melanie Marino
Project Manager
KPMG LLP
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email
by anyone else is unauthorized.
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any
opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and
conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client engagement letter.