So, you think it would be a better idea to have "contact us" email form pop up that would allow the user to submit the email through the ARS? Now that you mention the random email client, I have experienced that as well. Come to think of it, a lot of websites don't use the mail to feature as much as they use a form driven approach these days.

Thanks

Kyle

strauss wrote:
Careful what you ask for - if you do implement something like this you
can expect a lot of questions from users who did not know that their
desktop OS considered something to be the "default mail program."
Clicking on a mailto link on the four machines in front of me will bring
up (from left to right) GroupWise, Outlook Express, Outlook 2003, and
Apple Mail. In some colleges you would still get Pegasus mail. Users who
always use some sort of web-based mail will simply get a surprise.

I run into something similar to this whenever someone (or the creator of
the desktop image for an entire college/department) has set their
default browser to FireFox, which is not supported on either our 5.1.2
or our 6.3 mid-tier. The result could be more of an annoyance than a
convenience unless you are targeting a very specific user base with
homogeneous desktop configurations.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Remedy Database Administrator
University of North Texas Computing Center
http://remedy.unt.edu/