I don't see where anybody mentioned it yet, but your database, O
Mike,

I don't see where anybody mentioned it yet, but your database, Oracle 9i,
doesn't support bracket search notation.  Brackets will always work in filter
and active link run-if quals.  However, when AR System needs to perform a
database query, it has to depend on the underlying database's capabilities.
Sybase and its distant cousin, SQL Server, understand bracketed LIKE
statements, but Oracle does not.

Here's a quote from the Database Reference Guide:

"Using Oracle with AR System

For searches on database entries, the only wildcard characters supported in
the LIKE comparison are the percent symbol (%) and the underscore (_).
There is no support for sets or ranges of values. Wildcards are fully supported
in filter, escalation, and active link qualifications and in pattern
specifications
for character fields."

Tim Widowfield

http://www.widowfield.com