From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe DeSouza
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 11:09 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Duplicate Records

**
Yes,

Scan through the table for conditions that will cause a record to be duplicate but make an exception to skip records that have a NULL value in that field. Then if it finds any match, return the Entry-ID of that record to a temporary field. If at the end of the search the Temp field is NULL, you know you haven't found a duplicate. If its not NULL return the duplicate record error you want to return and prevent the save of that record..

Cheers

Joe D'Souza
Remedy Developer / Consultant,
Shyle Networks,