Axton,

Thanks for the info.  I'll keep this in mind if we upgrade our SUN
servers instead of going to Windows.

Before folks ask, we are looking at moving to Windows for many of the
same reasons that James's is looking at moving to SUN.  We have had more
issues with down time since we went into a SUN Cluster than when we ever
had on a stand alone SUN box.  Issues have been disk related, human
error, corruption of files for another database that crashed the storage
array, etc.  Throw on top of it a very controlling UNIX admin that uses
SOX and Audits as justification for complete control.  It took me a
little over 6 months to document a fairly simple 6.3 installation and
create a installation package for them to execute.  It's time to move
back to stand alone servers.

Dave

>Date:    Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:07:43 -0400
>From:    Axton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: ARServer 7.0.1 Upgrade Installer
>
>I tracked the issue down to the data in the filter_sql table.  When
>arupora is running, it logs to a file name /var/tmp/arsql.log.  By
>viewing this file I could see what the last select was and concluded
>that the data returned by that select statement was causing the
>segfault.  I removed all the data from filter_sql (15 records) and the
>installer completed successfully.
>
>Hope this helps someone.
>
>Axton Grams

Dave Shellman