**
Hi Jamie,

Rick Cook mentions complete new architecture; subject re-work includes a change in use of java.
Specifically, MT 5.1.2 and earlier relied on client-side java, with some JRE version-specific issues.
Example: MT 5.1.2 would not work with Java 1.5.01 mentioned in your architecture, at least in
our environment.

Last information I had on MT 6.3: MT is server-side _javascript_ only, not relying on any java at
the client at all, so the server dataflow and memory-management concerns are quite different.

Also, the 'freshness' indicator in MT is not that reliable, so MT cannot necessarily discern an
ARS-side change without that cache-flush action (forcing a retrieve of current form constructions).

HTH...

dwm

Don W. McClure, P.E.
Systems Engineer
University of North Texas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
940.565.3287

>>> "Blodgett, Jamie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 17-Oct-06 9:36 AM >>>
I'm having the same issue and have opened a ticket with Remedy.  We'll see what they say.  My issue is that for the midtier to see the changes to workflow, I have to flush the cache.  After flushing the cache, it takes up to 2 minutes for users to access the pages for the first time.  After that everything moves very fast.  This is a midtier in AUS connecting to ARS in US.  This was working fine pre-upgrade (5.0).

Midtier 6.3 p 18
ARS 6.3 p18
IIS ServletExce 5 p6
Win 2000