Sorry if this is a double post, I was having some posting issues.

Please excuse my newbie-ness as I have only worked with remedy for a
very short amount of time, and all of my expose to remedy has been
without any direction or documentation (only the web).

So here's the question/problem:  I'd like to connect to the database
using TOAD, but there appears to be something wrong with the entry in
the TNSNAMES file.  Here is what it looks like (that's not the real
host IP, just so you know):

REMEDY =
 (DESCRIPTION =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 10.10.10.10)(PORT = 1521))
  )
  (CONNECT_DATA =
    (SID = orcl)
  )
 )

Now, this is the file that I was given when I started, however when I
connect to the remedy database using the Action Request System program
(version 5.01.01 Patch 1228), and resolve the host name, I get a
different IP than the one listed in my TNSNAMES file, as well as a
different port.  Also, if I put the server name and port from the AR
System program into my TNSNAMES file, I am still unable to connect.

Now, this brings me to my questions.  First, can I determine the
correct TNSNAMES entry by using the information that I have? Or is that
something that I can't determine, and need to be told (I'd rather not
deal with the group thats administrating our Remedy system).  Next, is
there a way that my account may be limited to only allow me to log on
through the front end application, and not through a TOAD connection
(which would require me to request access, and I could request the TNS
entry too)?

I appologize if I didn't give enough information, or if this is
blindingly easy and I just missed it, but greatly appreciate any help
that can be given.

Thanks in advance!