Title: RE: Remedy and TNSNAMES.ora
**
TOAD is a GUI SQL editor/browser application.  It stands for Tool for Oracle Application Development

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of McKenzie, James J C-E LCMC HQISEC/L3
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 2:58 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy and TNSNAMES.ora

**

Chris:

What is TOAD?

James McKenzie

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Chris Hidden
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 12:50 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

See, this is where I get a bit confused.  Unfortunately, I do not have access to where the server is actually running, so I can't get the TNSNAMES.ora file from there.  Also, the TNSNAMES.ora file that I have been provided with gives me an IP for the HOST for the REMEDY entry.  When I connect to the server via the ARS program, I connect to a domain name which resolves to a differnet IP, and it also specifies port 2020.

If I then change the TNSNAMES.ora file to reflect the new IP and port, I still time out when I run tnsping REMEDY.

I guess that I should mention that I'm not 100% sure what back end database our Remedy application uses, however I also connect to the remedy back end using Crystal Reports 8.5, where the HPD:HelpDesk shows up under ODBC -> Remedy ODBC Data Source.  From that I gather that it's using ODBC, which means TOAD should be able to connect to it (assuming I have the correct TNS

entry) no problem.

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:31:44 -0700, McKenzie, James J C-E LCMC HQISEC/L3 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Chris:
>
>Do you have a DNS entry for the server name anywhere?  Tnsping will
>read
the