Frank,

I don't know if you are eluding to another transaction or not with this
statement
The update of the Main Form causes the filter to fire which, thru a push
fields action, is creating another record

But the bottom line is the local MainForm should only be a Modify, AND the
remote MainForm will see a Merge and a Modify.

The tricky part through this whole thing is that the $USER$ value will be
Distributed Server.  So you could not use this in the qualification.

Is there any field value on Modify on the local MainForm, that would not be
detected on the remote MainForm Modify, after the merge operation?

Might I suggest that as part of the Push Field action you set a Display
Only scratch field and watch for $USER$ != Distributed Server on Create or
Modify.  Then fire you filter on this.

The filter would never fire on the remote MainForm, because the Modify is
from the DSO transaction and not the Push Field action.  It works because
the scratch field won't have a value in the DSO transaction.

You may need to play with shifting to Phase 1 .... aka `!

Chad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             Frank Caruso
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             IL.COM>                                                    To
             Sent by: "Action          arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
             Request System                                             cc
             discussion
             list(ARSList)"                                        Subject
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Re: DSO and $OPERATION$

             10/17/2006 03:47
             PM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    RG

** I would expect the filter to fire after Temp Form updates the Main Form.
The update of the Main Form causes the filter to fire which, thru a push
fields action, is creating another record.

I think it would be #2.

However, we do not want that filter that fired on modify of the Main Form
on the prod server to run the replicate server.