Ben,

Let's say you have a join form J that joins two forms, A and B. Form A has
fields A1, A2, and A3. Form B has fields B1, B2 and B3. From the client's
point of view, they all appear on the form J.

Therefore, the client (writing against the API) needs to create an entry in
J - but what you're saying is, the client is supposed to know that out of the
six fields, 3 go on A and the other 3 go in B? Two separate transactions,
resulting in two entry IDs, which then represents the Join ID?

What puzzles me is, you can create the entry through a join form, but the only
thing not to work is the entry ID isn't returned. This suggests to me that
someone has realised that the above is wrong, and it needs fixing... Not to
mention the Java EntryKey object actually containing an unused reference to a
join key...

John