From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 8:15 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Email - Different FROM Address

Stephen,

You can specify the from address in the notify action, on the messages
tab.

Heider, Stephen wrote:
We have a new requirement that certain emails sent by Remedy need to have a different FROM address - the person who just modified the
ticket.
At first I planned on using multiple mailboxes, one for each person that has a record in the User form. But the ARS Email Engine evidently does not work with multiple records that have the same SMTP
server.
Excerpt from KM-000000012163 dated Mar 23, 2003:
"Unfortunately, the AR Email Engine, by design, will disable
"duplicate"
outgoing mailboxes to same SMTP server"

"The workaround to use multiple outgoing mailboxes is  1. to specify a

different SMTP login ID; and/or 2. to use an aliase to specify the SMTP server name (eg. host name, FQDN, IP address)"

This is a bigger shocker than my large 7-11 coffee I am presently enjoying. Is there a workaround for this? This seems like an strange

limitation.

I suppose I could dynamically update the Hosts file on the server to create the aliases - one entry for each user in the User form, ie. "Demo 10.10.10.10", "sheider 10.10.10.10", "superdave 10.10.10.10",
etc.
This approach is messy but if it's the only way then it could be done.

Would MAPI be a better choice?
TIA

ARS 6.3
Windows Server 2003