From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Easter, David
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 2:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: New SupportWeb browser support

**
James / Brian,

  The BMC Action Request System team still intends to add support for Safari to AR System once Apple Computers addresses some of the operational issues with the Safari product (i.e. fixes some defects).  The timeline is still being discussed, but the delay in support is a combination of issues at Apple and BMC - not just BMC itself choosing not to add support.

  Firefox is already supported within AR System 7.0.01.  Firefox 2.0 is supported by AR System 7.0.01 in the "and above" clause in the compatibility matrix - however this does not guarantee that issues will not be found with the new browser; just that defects can be logged against it and BMC will investigate fixes.

Thanks,

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit
BMC Software, Inc.