**

I am in the process of deciding which direction to go for my Mid-Tier 7.0.01 setup. I have read the benchmarking paper comparing IIS with ServletExec, IIS with Tomcat for the JSP engine with the JK Connector and Tomcat for the web server and JSP engine.

The last option of running Tomcat as the web server and JSP engine looks pretty appealing but then I remember a posting from Christopher Strauss on 9/18/06 questioning running Crystal Reports Server XI (among other things) on Tomcat. We don’t currently own CR Server but are considering it. I have looked at the Business Objects website for requirements and haven’t found documentation stating that a JSP engine is needed. I don’t ever remember having to have a JSP engine for CR Enterprise 8.5 or 9 but it has been years since I have done one of those installs so maybe I forgot about that part. I did find that Tomcat 5.0.27 is supported as the web server for CR Server XI. http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/cr_server_xi_supported_platforms.pdf

Can anybody give me some specifics as to what the problem would be with running CR Server with Tomcat?

Thanks,

Jason