-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 3:24 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Question on license

Actually...

At least on a v6.3 ARS server Patch 2 (on Solaris) a Filter can alter
the value of field 2 during "Submit".

I am not sure if this is a "nice" bug in this ARS server or not. But
it does make some sense to me to allow it during "Submit". So I hope
it is not a bug.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On 11/30/06, patrick zandi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> **
> so our design should be where the customer data is AL:setfields the
> submitter field with their specialized login id (which can get
complicated)
> for inside and outside customers. Prior to submission.
> thanks..
>

> On 11/30/06, Misi Mladoniczky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yes (and no...),
> >
> > If I recall correctly, you can set it manually or with Active-Links.
You
> > can, unfortunately, not set it using filters... It is considered a
change,
> > even if the filter triggers on submit.
> >
> >        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se
> >
> > > So that actually answers a question I hadn't had time to test:
With
> > > "Submitter-Mode-Locked" set, you can still set the value of the
> submitter
> > > field on submit to whatever you want.  Is that correct?
> > >
> > > I'm clear on not being able to modify it afterward, but since I
usually
> > > use $USER$ as the default for submitter, the need to use a
different
> > > submitter had never come up.
> > >
> > > Thad
> > > P.S.  It must be an alliteration kind of day. ("submitter" and
"user"
> seem
> > > rampant in that email.)
> > >

> > > "Misi Mladoniczky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Sent by: "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)"
> > > <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG >
> > > 11/30/2006 07:13 AM
> > > Please respond to
> > > arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

> > > arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
> > > cc
> > >
> > > Subject
> > > Re: Question on license
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The "submitter" is not neccessarily the person submitting the
ticket.

> > > At submit-time you can specify any login name in the
submitter-field.

> > > So if you know the read-license-person who will want to update a
ticket
> at
> > > submit-time, you can enter his/hers login-name in the
submitter-field.

> > > I usually try to put the "customer-login" in the submitter-field
> > > regardless if a person submits from the Web or if he calls the
> > > Service-Desk by phone.
> > >
> > > The limitations with submitter-mode-locked is just that you can
not
> change
> > > it after you have submitted the ticket.
> > >
> > >         Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se

> > > helpdesk

and
> email
Diary.

> > > create

> in
> > > approves

> on license

> > > system
> > > Licenses

Submitter
> > > has

> Administrators

> > > but
> > > conditions.
AR
> > > System

> > > users
> > > subadministrators
> > > consistently
> > > three
> wait
> > > it

> > > users
> > > multiple
> users

ARSlist:"Where
> > > the Answers Are"
> > >

> > > ***IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment,
> > > contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and
is
> > > intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is
addressed.
> If
> > > you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message
and
> are
> > > hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this
> > > message is strictly prohibited.  Nothing in this email, including
any
> > > attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.***

ARSlist:"Where
> > > the Answers Are"

ARSlist:"Where
> the Answers Are"
> >

> --
>
> Patrick Zandi __20060125_______________________This posting
> was submitted with HTML in it___

the Answers Are"

DISCLAIMER Important! This message is intended for the above named person(s)
only and is CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY. If you are not the intended recipient
of this e-mail and have received it in error, please immediately notify the
sender by return email and then delete it from your mailbox. This message may
be protected by the attorney-client privilege and/or work product doctrine.
Accessing, copying, disseminating or re-using any of the information contained
in this e-mail by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. Finally, you should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses, as the sender accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.  Thank you.