All,

I have been told (off list and by a reputable source) that, by design,
the value should be alterable during Submit Filters, and not alterable
after the value has been committed to the DB.

I was also told that at some point in time (maybe v5 ish) there was a
bug introduced that prevented the value from being changed during
Submit Filters. :) ( Which was why I was unclear as to if the current
behavior was "as designed" or not. I am 100% sure I was bit by that
very bug! :)

So it should be "safe" to design to this behavior. (Well, barring any
new bugs that is. :)

And for that special someone who cleared up my confusion... Thank you
once again.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)