I've had this issue with the libraries on linux. In my case even though
ldconfig was configured for the libraries I had to have this environment
variable before I could get things to work:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/ar63

So I have this in /etc/rc.local so it happens on boot:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/ar63
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Of course /usr/local/lib/ar63 is where my API libs are at. I don't know
if Solaris would be similar in needing LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

HTH,
James