I did/am doing the same track, with the exception of the AR class.  Plus
Asset & SLM.

I'll be going to SD/Change next week, so I can't speak of its value yet,
but I wouldn't think about touching CMDB2 without the implementation/best
practices class.

You'll also want the ITSM7 App Admin Essentials WBT -- that's really the
only WBT with some value... :-)

hth,
tony

--
Tony Worthington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Lammey, Peter A." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
12/07/2006 08:36 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Remedy ARS 7.01 and ITSM 7.X Education Plans

**
We are planning to start our project to look to upgrade our ARS 6.3 and
ITSM 5.6 apps to ARS 7.01 and ITSM 7.1 starting early next year.
Ive been looking at the training programs on the Supportweb but there
seems to be quite a few classes scheduled but I am not sure what would be
the most effective way to tackle enough of the training and not be too
tied up and out of office too much.
I have administration training in ARS 6.3 so I am not sure if I can take
the minimum amount of classes to learn new features of ARS 7.X.
I also have taken a class in the ITIL Foundation.
I have some good experience with the ITSM apps but I know they are
drastically different in 7.X so I want to ensure that I understand the
base applications (Service Desk, Problem, and Change).
We are also looking to tackle CMDB 2.0 which is new for us since we
currently only use AM 5.6.
I am thinking my plan should be the following:
BMC Remedy AR System 7.x: Administering ? Part 1 (WBT)
BMC Remedy Service Desk 7.x Using Incident Management (WBT)
BMC Remedy Service Desk 7.x Using Problem Management (WBT)
BMC Remedy Change Management 7.x: Using (WBT)
BMC Remedy Service Desk & BMC Remedy Change Management 7.x: Administering
BMC® Atrium? CMDB 2.0: Implementation Best Practices

This will require hours of WBT training and 2 weeks of off site training
but I think should cover what I need.
Does anyone know if this is a good plan or not or if I am missing
something that will be very valuable for a 7.0 Upgrade?
Thanks
Peter Lammey
ESPN MIT Technical Services & Applications Management
860-766-4761
it___

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of
the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify
us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the
right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's
reserves the right to monitor messages to or from authorized Kohl's Associates
at any time
without any further consent.