The first install of the application will always take longer than the
subsequent installs.  Depending on the configuration of the database, the
timeframes that you are talking about 3+ hours are not abnormal.

The first install always takes longer as it needs to install the "Asset
Lite" forms and Foundation forms (people,company, product/operational
catalogs, notification engine forms etc.)

A suggestion to make things most efficient:

If you are installing more that one app (like Incident & Problem)..Install
Problem first and do not select DSL data.  Since the first application has
so much extra to do, the DSL data can be done with the subsequent app
install.

As a baseline, I have installed on a 2GB laptop/SQl Server (simple DB mode)
in 4 hours, and the second app takes about 45 Minutes (no DSL)

Hope this helps.

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 15:30:36 -0600, Mike Parker
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi Everyone:
>
>Has anyone else attempted to install the ITSM 7.01 on Solaris?  I have been
>watching this thing sit here for 3+ hours and all I see in the arerror.log
>is
>
>ispatch : Timeout during data retrieval due to busy server -- retry the
>operation   ARERR - 93
>Wed Dec  6 15:21:28 2006  Dispatch : Timeout during data retrieval due to
>busy server -- retry the operation   ARERR - 93
>Wed Dec  6 15:21:33 2006  Approve : Timeout during database query --
>consider using more specific search criteria to narrow the results, and
>retry the operation (ARERR 94)
>Wed Dec  6 15:21:33 2006  Approve :
>Wed Dec  6 15:24:28 2006  Dispatch : Timeout during data retrieval due to
>busy server -- retry the operation   ARERR - 93
>
>The install logs havent even budged.
>
>Everything went great up till this point:
>
>ARS 7.01
>CMDB 2.01
>Solaris 10
>Oracle 10g (remote)

>Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows Live Spaces friends
>list.
>http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?
href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?
wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk