Hello List,
I've got an API that searches for a Record X in Form A. I created a Java API
for this under the 6.3 version on our test server and it worked fine. Now
we've upgraded this server to 7.0.00 Patch 002 200607211559 and when I ran
it, it gives me this error:

#
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
#
#  Internal Error (455843455054494F4E530E43505000FB), pid=7952, tid=2692
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.2_12-b03 mixed mode)
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid7952.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

This is the line where it crashes:
Field[] formFields = FieldFactory.findObjects(userInfo, fListCrit, fCrit);

This is the snippet of code that goes before the above:

if(debugMode) System.out.println("retrieving... ");
try {
        // Set the field criteria to retrieve all field info
        if(debugMode) System.out.println("\tSetting field criteria to
retrieve all field info...");
        FieldCriteria fCrit = new FieldCriteria();
        fCrit.setRetrieveAll(true);

        // Retrieve all types of fields
        if(debugMode) System.out.println("\tRetrieve all types of fields");
        FieldListCriteria fListCrit = new FieldListCriteria(formName, new
Timestamp(0), FieldType.AR_ALL_FIELD);

        // Load the field array with all fields in the form
        if(debugMode) System.out.println("\tLoad the field array with all
fields in the form");
        Field[] formFields = FieldFactory.findObjects(userInfo, fListCrit,
fCrit);
        .
        .
}

This is our server information (test):
Mid Tier Version - 7.0.00 Patch 002 200607211559
Web Server Information - Microsoft IIS ServletExec/5.0.0.10
Operating System Name - Windows 2003
Java Version - 1.5.0_10

I tested the same API on our production server and it works just fine. This
is the server info:
Mid Tier Version - 6.03.00 patch 015
Web Server Information - IBM WebSphere Application Server/5.1
Operating System Name - AIX
Java Version - 1.4.2

All I know is that for Java APIs, when upgrading to a different version, as
long as I'm using the same libraries as I used in a previous version, it
should work just as fine. So I'm thinking it could be a problem with the
server?

If anyone can give me any information about this problem that would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mikhail Serate
Remedy Development Team