Talking about deliberate / accidental 'attempts' to [EMAIL PROTECTED] things
up, I can
think of one such case that I encountered recently on a project with the
application Remedy CSS that was originally a offering by Viadyne..

The application although it had a good design as far as the application /
data model was concerned, I think it wasn't carefully coded and developed.
This application in particular, after it was available on the shelves, had
data tables that were searched on key everyday tasks such even the basic
login where the home page would search contact tables for the user, and
perform workflow based on the results of that search, and conduct more
searches on other tables like products used, past incidents reported etc if
the user was found..

None of these tables had the necessary indexes to facilitate these
searches... It is very possible, if you guys are facing problems with
support web, as support web is a customization of Remedy CSS or so I hear,
some of these issues are still open and not resolved.

Again I found workflow, that was used to qualify data, before returning a
match, that wasn't using indexes that could have been used causing
performance problems, by using a table scan instead of a index scan.

If I recall the statistics correctly, the project I worked on, had a
customer contact base of about 300K, and it would take them anywhere between
4 minutes to 5 just to log on to the system, and about the same time to
perform some searches using QBE that some workflow used. I had this cut down
to a second or less after indexing the tables wherever required and by some
small modification on the default OTB workflow that ended in returning the
same result set.

These may be some of the things that their consultants whoever worked on
this application should check on...

Joe