Axton,

That applies to LGPL, the Lesser GNU Public Licence. JOARSE is licensed
under the "normal" GPL as far as I can see, the sources contain the line:

 * JOARSE is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
 * (at your option) any later version.

Also the sourceforge.net project page states the GPL license, not the LGPL
license.

See this FAQ for the GPL:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCIfInterpreterIsGPL (third
paragraph).

Essentially that is what I'm pointing out. That's why I basically said that
I'd be OK with LGPL, although I prefer a less strict license such as the
Apache License or BSD.

Hugo