Just wanted to send a note and inform anyone planning to upgrade to
7.0.01that it is not production ready.  We implemented this in a
production
environment, only to find massive memory leaks in the product.  The
arserverd process will continue to run fine until it reaches the upper
limits of the 32-bit memory address space (~4gb), at which time it will
crash.  We observed between 600-700mb of additional memory allocation on our
systems per day until we reached that upper limit.  Our system handles ~200
support people concurrently, though I am not sure if this has a bearing on
the speed at which memory is allocated.

We were given a patch (which will become the patch 001 for 7.0.01), but it
is pre-restricted release, which I am being told means it will be 3 or more
weeks before the patch is at the general release level.  Trying to save
anyone the headache in case they planned to venture down this road any time
soon.

Relavent Environment Info:
- Oracle 9i with AL32UTF8 character set
- Oracle 10g client
- Solaris 9
- ARS 7.0.01
- Mixture of clients, ranging from 5.x to 7.0.01

I have been told the same problem has been exhibited on Linux as well.  Not
sure if it pertains to the db, the client versions, the character sets, etc.

Axton Grams