Dear All

I have a situation to present and would seek your advise from your experince &
knowldge of ARS 7 env

Remedy Environment Details
==========================
We have two Production server's (i.e. One is Current Live Server where all our
users connect & work and the other one we call is Furture Live on which we have
done customization and making the same ready to go Live in March and is not yet
available to the users).

Current Live : AIX,ARS 6.0,ITSM 5.6,Oracle 9i ( Do not have CMDB )
Furture Live :  AIX,ARS 6.3,ITSM 6.0,CMDB1.1,Mid-Tier 6.3,Oracle 9i

Present Scenario :  We have done a good amount of customization to Helpdesk 6.0
module,CMDB 1.1 lets say  Custom : OutOfBox ratio is ( 30 : 70 ) and this is on
our Future Production Server,As per the present Plan dates to go live in March
and now we are also having another thought for discusion which is :-
==> We are facing big time problems with CMDB1.1 and BMC Topology Discovery
service 1.3 due to which for now we have to drop the useage of BMC TD 1.3 ( We
have already spent lot of time & money on TD ),From BMC we have been advised to
upgrade to TD 1.4 as it solves most of our problem & bugs.

TD 1.4 requires CMDB 2.x
and
CMDB 2.x requires ARS 7.x

So now we have Four options :-

Option 1 : We leave TD for now and go Live with ARS 6.3 ,CMDB1.1 & ITSM 6.0
                                                or
Option 2 : Upgrade from our Future Live env to ARS 7.0, Upgrade to CMDB 2.1 and
TD 1.4 with ITSM 6.0
                                                 or
Option 3 :  Option 2 + Upgrade to ITSM 7.1
                                                or
Option 4 :  Upgrade from our Current Live env to ARS 7.0, ITSM 7.x,CMDB 2.1 and
TD 1.4
Please share your inputs and advise for the above scenarios and whether you had
adopted any of the above options and got success :)

As per my opinion I would say we should go with the Option 2 as we will have
less delta lead time to go Live and less chances of losing our customization to
Helpdesk 6.0, Please also advise whether if there are any problems for

1)  ITSM 6.0 to work with ARS 7.0
2) Upgrade from ARS 6.3 to ARS 7.x
3) Upgrade from CMDB 1.1 to CMDB 2.1 and CMDB 2.1 to work with ITSM 6.0

Your advise will help us to make this critical decesion

With Warm Regards
Himanshu Kohli
Remedy Consultant,
Internation Monetary Fund,