Jiri replied with the database view solution which is fine if you have the skills and database access. It also has the advantage of reducing the number of rows returned and hence improving performance. If you want to stay within Remedy then you could arrange for the table to be sorted by, say, email address and then as you loop the table you could save the current email address in a temp field and when processing the next row only add the email address to your distribution list if the value is different from the temp field. Cheers Peter

Darshana Jivan [MTN Network Solutions] writes:
Hi,
I have a View form "Contacts" that reads from an underlying table from
another schema in the database. I have a Table Field on a form "Notify"
that displays the Contact information. I then loop through the table to
get the sms/email values and set it as a delimited string. This is where
I am having a problem; the contact can be associated to many branches
and therefore the contact information will be duplicated many times. I
need to be able to do a Distinct or and extract to be able to get the
distinctive value, or else the contact would be notified one to many
times depending on how many branches they are associated with. Eg. Notify Request Id First Name Last Name Email SMS Client ID Branch ID 1 Mark Brindley [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2783452012 3 123 2 Mark Brindley [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2783452012 3 456 3 Jakos Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2783656565 10 963 4 Jacques Vermeulen [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2701010233 20 321 5 Jacques Vermeulen [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2701010233 20 654 6 Jacques Vermeulen [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2701010233 20 987 Temp field that gets set Email
; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED] SMS ; 2783452012; 2783452012; 2783656565; 2701010233; 2701010233; 2701010233
I need to get a distinct email and sms value to send a notification to
the relevant contacts. Any suggestions? Regards, Darshana Jivan MTN Network Solutions