I haven't dug in much since AST:Attributes was split from the CMDB but I am
under the impression there should only be attribute record for a CI (recon
ID). The way I understand it is there might be multiple sources
creating/updating various CI attributes between multiple datasets but no
matter the CI data the lifecycle (AM attributes) are the same between all
CI instances.

For example say you have 3 CMDB sources and 3 datasets besides the
production dataset. One is used to build the network info, the second to
build the hardware info and the third to build domain info (just pulling
out a made up scenario here). No matter what that asset has the same
lifecycle status. It is deployed, down, being assembled, etc.. The asset is
also the related to the same contracts no matter what the CI data sources
are.. The Asset data tends to be true for all copies of a CI (cost for
example).

I am not a CMDB guy so if I missed the mark somebody please correct.

Jason