Hi List,

I began to work on upgrading system to remedy 8 and found on our development
environment that that after user opened the Change or Incident screen, system
began to run the auto-refresh on certain table fields every 3 seconds. The
Change screen refreshes the approval table, HPD refreshes the work log.

After user goes back to the Home (overview console) after “visiting” the Change
and Incident tickets, the corresponding active links keep running even though
there are no Incident and Change forms on the screen.

Advantage: licenses would never get expired so information on the screen stays
forever.
Problems:

1.       The user and applications  licenses would never be released after 1-2
hours as it was working on remedy 7.5 and previous versions.
Is this by design? But it means that companies would have to purchase much more
licenses for 8.x than it required for previous remedy versions.

2.       I would think that there is an unreasonable load on the system.

Any recommendations. I have the latest version 8.1.02 that supposed to fix all
license issues, but seems didn’t.

Regards,
Mike