Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in years, because I was spending most of my time working
with a different BMC product.  Now I'm circling back to the BMC Remedy
Action Request System.  We're on 6.3 (on Solaris), moving to 8.1.2p1
on Linux next month.

I documented the upgrade of our test environment.  It didn't go the most
smoothly, and I couldn't have completed it without BMC Support's help.
We had to manually update some of the table structures.  Perhaps this
is because we totally skipped 7.0, 7.1, 7.5, 7.6, and 8.0.  We also
had a duplicate index on one table, according to the data dictionary,
so we had to delete it.

In any case, my last technical challenge was to get single sign on
working.  I never tried to get it working before, and I thought it
would be a bonus if I could get it working as part of this upgrade.

I did a lot of google searching, and I saw a few other posts where
other people were trying to accomplish what I wanted to do.  Either
nobody responded, or some people gave some general pointers, or
javasystemsolutions.com chimed in to tout their product.

In any case, after a long 14 hour day, I finally got it working.
We have the following environment:
Linux RHEL 6.6 / Apache 2.2 / Tomcat 7.0 / mod_ssl /
  mod_auth_cas 1.0.9 / areasso 7.0

If there is any interest, I will write up a guide on how to implement
SSO with CAS and share it with the list.

Thanks,
Alex
--
|   Alex Agle   \/ Lead Application Developer       |