Christian,

I doubt you will love the idea... but...

You could opt to create a self join (just based on 'Request ID' =
$Request ID$) that has the Get Entry workflow on it. Then when you
want to trigger that logic, do the set fields from the self join
instead of the underlying data form.

( Just a thought.)

--
Carey Matthew Black