BMC has been doing platform transformation for last many years and different
components/modules have been released in different releases along the way. How
long pure Java API have been there John; which do not use C-API underneath?
This has been a journey to bring in Java technology stack and eliminate
proprietary commodity code in every aspects of the platform.

1.       Mid-tier was moved to Java and JavaScript in 6.3 release.

2.       Dev Studio and Pure Java API was released in AR System 7.5 ( 6 years
now)

3.       Plug-in and FTS code was moved to Java in 8.0 ( 4 years )

4.       Approval server, Assignment and DSO has been on Java since 8.1 ( 3.5
years)

5.       All other peripheral plug-ins have been transformed into java in the
earlier releases.

6.       AR Server is transformed into Java in Remedy 9.0

So, java is not new and all performance, scale and endurance characteristics
have been measured and tested along the way with every little change that was
made and shipped. The key is how it was done, it was done in such a way so that
existing AR apps continue to work without any change and platform provided
upgrade from existing environment to new. No platform in the world has done
anything like that. It has gone through the right rigor and discipline to call
it V9. You can do your homework as your solution lives and breathes on this
platform and let’s know how it works and how easy it is for you NOW to extend
and expand your solution using standard APIs and extended architecture.